Best Suggestions for an Easy Move
- Be sure to mark all boxes properly. Having the right room and even the right war cabinet for the items inside the box can make the process easier because movers can simply take the box from the trunk directly to the room where the items belong.
- Use clothing and linens as packing. If you have to pack them anyway, using towels and linens to wrap dishes and fragile items is really killing two birds with one stone. Plus it saves money and you don’t have to buy a lot of extra packing material.
- Keep boxes towards the front of the truck and stack as high as you can go then fill in the rest with odd shaped furniture and miscellaneous items.
- Keep a specific box with important documents within easy reach. This may be passports, relocation documents, medical information and insurance paperwork. It’s typically smart to keep this with you throughout the moving process.
- Only keep food items that can travel well and donate the rest. Large bags of flour or rice might be easily movable but certain sauces and perishables will have to be tossed especially if you have a long way to go. Clearly mark food boxes so that they are one of the first things to be unpacked.
PHA wants to make your move is easy as possible and using our tips and relocation advice can go further for a stress-free move. Be sure to contact us for information on affordable staging and organization once you reach your permanent home.